June 08, 2021
This position, under supervision, performs semi-skilled to skilled duties in the maintenance and repair of water mains and related devices and equipment. Position also performs other related work as required.
CLASS TITLES: Class C Water Operator
Possession of a valid Texas Driver's License
Class C Water License
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Performs manual labor in the maintenance, repair, and installation of water systems, including pipe lines, valves, pumps, meters, backflow devices and services;
- Repair service leaks;
- Flushes and disinfects water lines;
- Locates water lines with instruments or from prints;
- Read water meters;
- Operate a variety of power tools and equipment;
- Operate company vehicles;
- Perform standby duty; responds and resolves customer complaints; and
- Perform related work as required.
- Read, write and perform mathematical calculations at the level required for successful job performance;
- Learn to skillfully operate and maintain assigned tools and equipment;
- Understand and carry out oral and written instructions;
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with those contacted in the course of work;
- Satisfactorily follow rules and procedures;
- Be available for standby duty;
- Maintain equipment and tools.
- Exposure to chemicals while disinfecting/neutralizing chemicals, such as chlorine in the water distribution system;
- Frequently works around water mains;
- Works in inclement weather and high traffic locations.
- Must be available for periodic evening, night, weekend and/or holiday work due to standby duty or emergency callback needs.